Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burner Windows 7 compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kennib

Kennib

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:38 AM

Hello people!

This is my first post. I looked through a few pages but didn't find an answer to my question.

I am building my first gaming rig. I did a TON of research to make sure my MOBO and CPU were compatible and everything was DDR3 and all that stuff. I even made sure the MOBO and GPU were good with Windows 7, BUT didn't think to check on my DVD RW being compatible with W7!

I have a LiteOn iHAS324-98. Will this work right out of the box as far as installing the OS? I've kinda gotten the idea through reading reviews on NewEgg that it'll be fine as far as reading discs, but that I might have a problem with BURNING discs. It came with Nero 8(?) but I'm hearing that it's pretty crappy software. Do I just need to download some burning software? Have any suggestions if that is, in fact, the case.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

Hi Ken.Windows7 has inbuilt Windows Media Player for burning CD'S. Does an excellent job.

For DVD'S and ISO Burning I use IMGBURN. Great program and very helpful Tutorials in the help section.

Nero7 came with mY CD/DVD burner and I  uninstalled Nero. Wasn't impressed with it.

IMGBURN DOWNLOAD. (Use Authors Site)

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

#3 Kennib

Kennib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

Thanks!

So in your opinion I shouldn't have any issues with my DVD drive working right out of the box?

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

When you say "Working right out of the Box" you would have to run the Disc, to get the Drivers.

Not familiar with that burner,but from what I have experienced,the slower burn speed,the better.

Your burner has a fast burn speed,but can't see that being any advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users