Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix hung now PC boots to Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Isheye

Isheye

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hi need help desperately. I have a PC that was infected with lots of things, the most obvious was the worm.Netsky and its infamous Green WallPaper. After running MalwareBytes and trying Avira, I ran Combofix. It hung after downloading the Recovery Console. I restarted the PC and it briefly boots to the screen with the choice of Recovery Console or Windows XP Home. Then it goes to XP Home and hungs with a completely black screen.
I tried a few things suggested in this forum like b atch erdnt.con in the Recovery Console, ran Chkdsk and Fixmbr all without getting any further.
If I try starting in Safe Mode it stops after loading the drivers (I'll need to start it again to get the last driver). The last driver before it hangs is isapnp.sys.

I've created the OTLPE Disk and run that so I do have a OTL.txt if anyone needs to see it.

The PC is running Windows XP Home, I was running Combofix from a USB Thumbdrive.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry

Edited by Isheye, 22 February 2010 - 05:25 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users