Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer case

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex of the west

alex of the west

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

$25-110

im looking for a standard size case (not micro) to hold my new computer. im not totaly satisfied with the ones on tigerdirect, newegg seems to have okay ones. some notes, i dont care about appearance, at all. i do care greatly about how cool the inside gets.
id love some suggestions! thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:54 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119137 this is the case I use personally and have used it in a friends build as well, has next to unrivaled cooling, and is extremely easy to work with, installation is a breeze. Plus, its built like a tank. There are a few variations of it as well, but it really is fantastic it has 8 fan mounts, one of which is a 80 mm fan behind the CPU the rest can accommodate a variety of fan sizes, up to 140 mm. very room, tooless drive bays, etc. Lots of room for large video cards, extra optical drive bays, hard drives, expansion plus movin stuff around and good cable manegement, only negative I can think about with it is no system speaker which most high end cases these days arnt coming with anyway.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 alex of the west

alex of the west
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

#4 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:01 AM

I just built the case Patriot recommends, the client who bought the build is happy! Cooler Master has been around a long time, this case is water cooled ready too.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users