Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP validation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crispin

crispin

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

Hi. I had to re-install my windows xp software and now its asking me to validate the software again. I have checked the product key on my emachines at the back and entered that to validate but no luck. I then used Jelly bean key finder and found my machine had another key code. I tried to validate that, but no luck.

I am puzzled as although the machine is old, the product is genuine.

Can you suggest the best way forward. Do I phone up the Microsoft help desk in the UK?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Chris

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 February 2010 - 03:04 PM.
Move to XP forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

you will probably have to give microsoft a call on this as they should help!!! :thumbsup:

#3 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

the call to microsoft may work...

The emachines COA tags have the words "emachines" on the tag. Most of them shipped with oem emachines xp cd's.

Gateway bought emachines so go to their site and poke around. It is probably in a FAQ somewhere.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

FWIW: I have an eMachines system on which I used the eMachines key to do a clean install of XP, no problem.

The key applies to that system, users are not penalized for wanting to remove all the original garbage that is installed.

Louis

#5 crispin

crispin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Thanks managed to sort it all out by phoning up Microsoft helpdesk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users