Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

after using combofix - illegal operation attempted registry key

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 daisylane

daisylane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:50 AM

My computer has been slowing down considerably and keeps losing its internet connection. Then I started getting the error ' the account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running the same process.'

I have CA a/v and had 117 threats removed. Was able to run all the windows updates, then tried to find more help on the internet because then I started receiving the error ' the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network.'

Viperware found tons of problems, listed under MyWebSearch, which it did not clean, so I used MBytes to fix them. When that was complete, I started combofix. When Combofix rebooted, I couldn't even log on to Windows because it said my Windows Activation had expired and I had to call Acer, which I still may do, but I want to get all of my files off before they say to do a restore (which I am assuming will happen). The only way I was able to boot into Safe mode is to reset the bios to 2004. Then Combofix resumed it final steps, creating a log, etc. I assume M-Bytes got rid of the problems, because it looks like Combofix didn't find anything that I can see.

However, NOW I cannot open anything, or move anything because I get the error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." This error comes up for all files, not registry keys. (UPDATE: I rebooted - what did I have to lose? - back into Safe Mode - and this error is gone).

I was able to back up the data, but called the manufacturer and of course, it is out of warranty.

Can you please help me get this computer back on track?

Thanks!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 February 2010 - 03:06 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users