Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista antivirus 2010 malware removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Artimus666

Artimus666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hi,

New to the forum, apologies if this isn't posted in quite the right place

Wanted to put a message on here mainly in thanks for the details on the main site on removing this extremely aggressive one! Largely this site saved my pc! Excellent work.

For information i'm running vista business edition

However, couple of points I have to add from my experience that i think will be helpful for others:

1. The instructions of the fixreg.exe could be amended to make it clearer as to what will happen - i.e. just a short note to say that you'll need to choose 'start' from the right click menu

2. upon completion of the exercise and malware bytes has removed everything you will find the pc still having the temporary .exe fix and programs not being able to start unless through this 'start' option
This aspect and how to fix it should maybe put in this area?

I tried to find a reverse for altering the registry key, but only really found help with regards to XP.

Eventually i did find one that was from a site with various file extension fixes, but it didn't work - comments on the site did suggest a lower success rate with this

I managed to resolve the problem via a system restore. This scrubbed malware bytes, but of course this will be going back onto the pc!

I hope this information will be helpful to anyone else who gets this horrible one

Thanks once again for the help!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users