Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows detected a hard disk problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Professorbed

Professorbed

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

I am currently having problems with my home computer when an error message comes up

Windows detected a hard disk problem

Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk.

It then later says...
The following hard disks are reporting failure
Disk name: SAMSUNG HD502IJ ATA Device
Volume: D:\;C:\

When rebooting the computer it then goes to a startup screen saying 'American Megatrends, press F1 to boot' and f2 for setup. F1 does not work and F2 doesnt really do anything, i then just go round and round n circles trying to get it to work, then i pressed random buttons and finally got it to work (no idea what i did)
I dont really want to take it into the shop for repairs if i can get it done at home if thats possible.
Would be grateful for any help, baring in mind i know little about computers.
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

Go buy a new set of hard drives install them then install your OS and programs. Install the old ones then get as much data off of them as possible.

#3 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:07 AM

Have you tried running CHKDSK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users