Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Easy One - Mouse Scroll Wheel Sucks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CannibalZ3

CannibalZ3

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hey there,
The scroll wheel on my old mouse died recently and there wasn't an obvious way to fix it, so I bought a new one -- the cheapest one at Office Depot. And man, is it cheap, but I really can't afford to get expensive things. My problem is this -- the scroll wheel on this new mouse, a "GearHead optical mouse," does this weird thing when I use it: it' scrolls down inconsistently, by which I mean that when I scroll down, it doesn't always scroll down -- sometimes it scrolls up! The result is that when scrolling the page jumps all over the place. My questions are these:
-Is this just a crappy mouse, or am I doing something wrong?
-Can I fix this without having to buy a new one?
-If I have to buy a new mouse, do I need to get a better one? If I buy the same model (it's the cheapest one) should I expect the same problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

I think its just the mouse because i think you mentioned the old one was fine so i think its the mouse. is it wired or wireless? if its wired, i currently have a cheap GE optical mouse it is a very good mouse model wk2806 and it was pretty cheap to.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users