Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mifi 2200

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ethomas3307

ethomas3307

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

I need more range out of my mifi 2200 to be able to use computer in my shop about 100 yards away. How would u hook one up to it what would i need how would battery stay charged on the mifi 2200. I know nothing about this stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

This is really the wrong tool for the job you are trying to do. It isn't intended for permanent installs or serving entire households. There are certainly ways of linking the house to the shop (two easy ones are a pair of Ubiquity Pico outdoor radios or using broadband over powerline units as long as the shop is fed from the same mains transformer as the house) but then you need yet another client radio to talk to the MiFi. I don't suppose just carrying the MiFi to the shop when you need it down there is an option ?

You MIGHT get there with one (or two) of the simple WiFi "range extenders", but 100 yards through 2 outside walls is really pushing it.

If you are determined to do this let me know and I will map out the whole thing.

The MiFi probably charges through the USB port, so leaving it connected to a computer or using any one of the inexpensive mains to USB charger plugs should keep the charge up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users