Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arggg

arggg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

Iīve recently bought a iiama prolite E2407HDS Monitor. When connecting to PC (Windows XP Service pck 3, AMD Phenom X4 Asus motherboard), it recognizes it without a problem but the definition in display center is Plug and Play monitor.
My display 1920x1080 works well but I wanted to downgrade to another resolution but all the other resolutions seem to display poorly.
So, I thought downloading the drivers for my monitor could solve this problem and so I downloaded the drivers from the the supplier and tried to follow the steps to install the monitor:

" 9. Click the "Driver" tab and slect "Update Driver"
10. Select "Install from a specific location" and "Next"
11. Select "Don't Search" and "Next"
12. If you are installing from FD insert it into your disk drive.
13. Click "Have Disk...".
14. Click Browse and navigate to where you stored the driver and select the location that matches your model and click OK.
15. Click "Show all hardware".
16. Select "Manufacturer: Iiyama".
17. Select the model name that matches your monitor then click "Next >".

The problem is that, surprisingly (am I doing something wrong?!), I donīt see my monitor there, even following these steps. Automatically and choosing the directory to where I saved the drivers, Windows cannot recognize any drivers.
Is there another way to install the monitor? (i.e: directly in regedit, using cmd, etc...)

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:25 AM

If you look with Windows Explorer in the location where you unzipped the files, do you find the LCD Monitor folder and within that folder, one called ProLite E2407HDS, with the file E2407HDS.INF?

If not, the ZIP may be corrupted. If you double-click on the original zip file, you'll be able to see the contents and find out if the files you need are actually in the zip.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

My display 1920x1080 works well but I wanted to downgrade to another resolution but all the other resolutions seem to display poorly.

Also, an LCD monitor image will always look inferior at a resolution other than the native. Is it really necessary for you to run a high resolution screen at a lower resolution?
Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 arggg

arggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

well, I was finally able to install it but I donīt see any change with the other resolutions in windows (the letters seem strange)... but in games I could swear the definition is better...
Naaa, I just thought about trying a lower resolution because the letters are small and its sometimes hard to see without glasses...
thanks for replying though :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users