Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:54 AM
Iīve recently bought a iiama prolite E2407HDS Monitor. When connecting to PC (Windows XP Service pck 3, AMD Phenom X4 Asus motherboard), it recognizes it without a problem but the definition in display center is Plug and Play monitor.
My display 1920x1080 works well but I wanted to downgrade to another resolution but all the other resolutions seem to display poorly.
So, I thought downloading the drivers for my monitor could solve this problem and so I downloaded the drivers from the the supplier and tried to follow the steps to install the monitor:
" 9. Click the "Driver" tab and slect "Update Driver"
10. Select "Install from a specific location" and "Next"
11. Select "Don't Search" and "Next"
12. If you are installing from FD insert it into your disk drive.
13. Click "Have Disk...".
14. Click Browse and navigate to where you stored the driver and select the location that matches your model and click OK.
15. Click "Show all hardware".
16. Select "Manufacturer: Iiyama".
17. Select the model name that matches your monitor then click "Next >".
The problem is that, surprisingly (am I doing something wrong?!), I donīt see my monitor there, even following these steps. Automatically and choosing the directory to where I saved the drivers, Windows cannot recognize any drivers.
Is there another way to install the monitor? (i.e: directly in regedit, using cmd, etc...)
Thanks for the help!