Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Manufacturer-Supplied Drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 new_girl

new_girl

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

hello all
welcome to my new topic

Manufacturer-Supplied Drivers
To install a manufacturer-supplied driver, follow these steps:

In Control Panel, double-click Add New Hardware.
In Windows 95, click Next, click No, and then click Next.

In Windows 98, click Next, and then click Next again to search for plug and play devices. If the device you are installing is not found, click "No, the device isn't in the list," click Next, click "No, I want to select the hardware from a list," and then click Next.

NOTE: If Windows 98 finds your hardware when it searches for plug and play devices, click "Yes, the device is in the list," click the device in the list, click Next, and then click Finish. You do not have to provide a manufacturer-supplied driver.
Click the type of hardware for which you are installing the driver, and then click Next.
Click Have Disk.
Type the path for the driver you are installing and click OK, or click Browse and locate the driver. You must type the path for or locate the Oemsetup.inf file from the manufacturer.
In the dialog box listing the .inf file, click OK. Click OK to continue.
Click the correct driver and then click OK.
Click Finish

for more information please follow this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142984
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Instead of going round the mulberry bush to install drivers, it would be a lot simpler to use the manufacturer supplied disk if you have one still sitting around. Pop in the disk, let it open, install.

OR check the manufacturer website if you don't have the disk. See if what you need is available as a download. If it is,
download, save the file, then open it and let it run.

Also, check Windows updates. Sometimes drivers for devices will be listed under the Hardware category. This is useful if you don't have a disk or cannot find the file to download.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

The last place you want to load specialized drivers is from Microsoft
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

I know, Garmanma. That should be used as a last ditch effort only if all else fails.

Thank you for pointing that out.

#5 new_girl

new_girl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

you both are right
thank you for your nice reply :thumbsup:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you