Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse problems !

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Spectacle

Spectacle

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

Hi all!

Been having more than my share of computer problems for a couple of months. A couple of nasty crashes, software problems, configuration problems, you name it! Most recently like the last couple of days the mouse was getting bad, freezing up, then real jerky in pointer movement. No doubt the misfortune was spreading, at least until about 5 minutes ago.

I took the little critter apart for the umpteenth time, cleaned the insides again, and noticed that all the rollers were working okay and pointer was tracking fine without the ball. Hey, wait a minute....

So, I swapped to an old mouse pad I had and voila, now the mouse works fine! Took my other pad over and gently scrubbed with mild dish detergent and a soft brush, to remove the hard film off of it, it's now air drying. The pad had looked just fine, but had gotten so nasty & slick that the mouse ball couldn't get traction so it appeared that little Mr. Mousey was a goner.

Just a tip added for those who do a search before posting about problems: try cleaning the mouse pad if all else fails.

Oh, and the ultra flaky monitor problem wasn't drivers. Apparently a cold solder joint. Gently tapped the monitor case, maybe twice as hard as hitting a keyboard key, and everything straightened right up! How's that for high tech, boys & girls?

Edited by Spectacle, 21 February 2010 - 02:24 AM.

2000 Dell Optiplex GX-110, P3-847Mhz, 384 Mb SDRAM, Matsu 80GB HDD, XP-Pro SP3, Online Armor Pro 4.0.0.15, with Avast! Free, Super-Antispyware, Malwarebytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users