Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built A Computer! Need help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hugh1985

Hugh1985

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hey everyone!

Well I recently bought an ASUS-M3A78. Everything has been connected. It powers on, beeps and lights work,

The only problem I am having is that when I load a OS (Windows 7) it loads, but then shows the old loading of Vista like it did not properly load. So at that same moment I eject the W7 disk and quickly it shows the display screen of the W7. I put the cd back in it begins to load, then gets stuck loading. I eject and put in again, starts loading and stops.

Eventually it becomes confused and just stops loading permanetly. I have 2 DVD drives in it and have tried just a single by itself and it is the same results. I also have properly put the pins in master/slave dvd drives correctly and it still is the same.

I dont know if anyone has experienced this before but I am stuck and it sucks! Lol.

Thank you for any help or tips!

There is only one thing on this motheroard I have changed. It does have a long bed of pins to switch from basic monitor output to hdmi output. I dont really think that has anything to do with it though.

Thanks again.

Hugh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

why didnt you just let it sit and let it go? ejecting it could have caused issues. I would recomend doing the clean install, make sure you boot up off the CD and whatever image starts loading, let it finish loading, and go from there.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Hugh1985

Hugh1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:47 AM

why didnt you just let it sit and let it go? ejecting it could have caused issues. I would recomend doing the clean install, make sure you boot up off the CD and whatever image starts loading, let it finish loading, and go from there.

Hey thanks alot. All I did was fully format the hard drive using windows xp and it has starting wirking great. Im just going to leave it at xp. Thanks and now I know what to be careful with next time.,

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

not a problem. Might even recomend waiting a few months for service pack one to come out and try it again. Ive used windows 7 with several customer computers and been fairly well impressed as far as windows goes, but theres still bugs and driver support is lacking, should be better when they release the new service pack. Just remember to let it finish loading. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users