Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike M.

Mike M.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my video card but my system is a Dell 4600c and i haven't been able to find a card that is small enough to fit. Does anybody have any idea where a card for my system.

Thanks,
Mike M.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:47 PM

Aren't the cases of all those dimension series the same size? I have a dimension 4550 and I was able to put in a BFG 6800 gt oc 256 agp8x, though the card is about 1 milimeter away from an IDE cable on the motherboard.

*edit* wait, is your case kind of slim silver? I could have misunderstood because I just looked at the dell site and have seen some of the desktop options and how big they are. Mine is from the older black and gray ones.

The easiest thing would be to try and find dell's forums and see if there are any posts about compatible video cards or better yet, you call dell and ask them (if you can actually get through and stay on the line with somebody, I have a couple of stories of crappy serviece from their tech support could barley understand the people there and they couldn't solve the problem so they'd like hang up on us...)

hope that helps any,

Wizdabest

Edited by Wizdabest, 05 September 2005 - 06:51 PM.

#3 Aviator

Aviator

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:47 AM

I agree. Check out the Dimension Video forum. Link provided. I have seen quite a few post from owners with the 4600c. Looking to upgrade my video card in my Dim 4550 with a BFG 6600 GT OC.

http://forums.us.dell.com/

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:01 AM

Here are a few links to start.

ATI

gForce