Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sticky mouse button on laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sidd0123

sidd0123

• Banned
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

I wasnt sure where to put this so i put it in the next best thing.

I have a laptop, and the mouse button that you click, not tap on the touch pad, has becoming sticky due to repeated clicking. now it doesnt have that resistance point, where you know that the button is yet to be pushed. like in a car, when you push on the gas pedal, you have to apply a certain force to push it down even a little bit. any less force and it wont budge.

my mouse button has lost that resistance. should i wait a few days before clicking it again, i havent been eating or drinking around it, but was playing a game on it that required clicking alot. could that have been the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

The super-ultra small switch underneath the mouse button only last so many cycles
I'm not sure about the layout of your laptop, but I would say that you need to replace the assembly
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sidd0123

sidd0123
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

how would i go about doing that exactly?

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

well to help you replace the assembly you need to tell us what laptop it is.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 sidd0123

sidd0123
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

actually, i dont want to change the assembly becuase it still works, but has lost its resistance. like when i lightly tough it, it depresses and is sensitive, i dont mind this.

since it still works ill keep it but what is that chance that it will stop working within the next few weeks? are they that fragile?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

are they that fragile?

As fragile as anything else with a laptop
It might last another year or two
Who knows
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 sidd0123

sidd0123
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

ok thank you for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users