Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 Emails

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rceleexpt

rceleexpt

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

Every time i try to send an email through outlook I immediately get a response from System Administrator,
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE:
Sent: 2/20/2010 8:45 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Name' on 2/20/2010 8:45 PM
551 not our customer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Are you using AT&T (Bellsouth) ?

I looked up that error code and other people are experiencing the same issue:

https://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...p;sloc=&p=1

Haven't found the answer yet, will keep looking.
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

#3 rceleexpt

rceleexpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks!

#4 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

I'm inclined to think, after reading alot of posts from many different users, who are all experiencing the same thing you describe, and many of them say they are using AT&T (Bellsouth), that this is an issue with the ISP.

Don't make any changes to your computer. Give your ISP a call.

If you have AT&T (Bellsouth), the phone # to DSL Support is 1-888-321-2375.

I have AT&T (Bellsouth). Yesterday I tried to reply (by email, Outlook Express) to a text messg my nephew sent to my phone (I have text messaging blocked on my phone, so it gives me the web pg addr/password to go view the text message), and I hit Reply, which brought up an Outlook Express blank email addressed to my nephew's phone #.
I typed a reply, hit send, and it wouldn't go through. I tried twice. I got the "not our customer" message.
I didn't recognize it for what it was..........I thought perhaps my nephew had a cell phone with a different company or something.

I haven't been in my email today, and I tried just now.
I received a BOATLOAD (aaaargh) of new emails.
I sent a test email to my son (yahoo email address) (twice), and another one to myself (bellsouth email) and got the following error message:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxxx@yahoo.com'. Subject 'test 2', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '551 not our customer', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 551, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I did confirm that you CAN go to the web page and read AND SEND email: (I keep a shortcut to it in my Bookmarks Toolbar (Firefox), just in case Outlook Express or the AT&T server experiences "technical difficulties"):
https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.src=m...mp;.partner=sbc

What's strange is that I kept trying (hitting Send/Receive) in Outlook Express, and then some went through (sent).
The first one I sent to my son's yahoo email went through and the one I sent to myself (bellsouth email) went through, but the 2nd test to my son's yahoo email DIDN'T go through.

So the problem is definitely in the AT&T (Bellsouth) server, and it is SPORADIC.

Hope that helps lessen your frustration somewhat, knowing that you aren't the Lone Stranger on this issue :thumbsup:

Warm Regards,
Sashacat

#5 rceleexpt

rceleexpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Thankyou so much! For years I have been having trouble with Bellsouth/AT&T. It is ridiculous I can't stand it. Once again thankyou very much, I hope the problem goes away soon.

#6 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

:thumbsup: You are very welcome. It is my pleasure to be of assistance. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users