Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Basic Bootup Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Barry1034

Barry1034

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi, Thanks for any help in advance.

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5515 Laptop computer with Windows Vista Home Basic on it and earlier today, a virus, or something started preventing me from getting it to bootup properly.

When I turn on the computer the ACER name comes up and it loads the computer to the first page that reads someting like this,

Your windows program won't boot up correctly due to a damaged or changed file, then it gives me one of 2 options:

Start up windows manually...which results in a page with partial info blinks on screen real fast then it goes back to orig. message.
OR,
Windows Repair startup(Recommended), ...which when I select this, it goes to the initial windows bar near the bottom with the little 4 finger chip that just keeps moving from left to right as if it is in process of booting up, but it does this indefinitely and windows never comes up.

I thought about pushing a reset button on the laptop, but I don't have a problem with the computer turning on, I just can't get into Windows at all.

"ANY SUGGUESTIONS HOW I MIGHT RESOLVE THIS.?

Thanks, Barry1034

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 20 February 2010 - 08:17 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users