Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows update vista service pack 1 "failed"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 safireman

safireman

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hello, first time posting please bare with me.

I am trying to update a family members laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 1720 with vista home premium pre-installed. Windows update recommends Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330). Made several attempts to download and install this update and haven't had any success. The update runs like normal and automatically restarts the computer, then I get a window with some info saying the update failed to install. Error code 8007371C, and error code 8007000D. Two different codes for two different attempts.

I troubleshooted this through microsoft help and solutions and followed their instructions. I downloaded the stand alone 32-bit package from the microsoft download center and ran it, my computer froze up during the install (the install was supposed to take around an hour to complete) so after a few hours frozen I chose to cancel the install and try again. I still haven't attempted a re-install. Thought I would see if anyone else knows how to fix this issue first.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi!

Do have any firewalls/antivirus/antispyware programs installed? If so, try disabling them and running the manual patch.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 safireman

safireman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I have Norton installed and I disabled the firewall when I attempted the install.

#4 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

If you have the Norton disk, or if it's a 2009 program, delete it, then try the update. I recommend Webroot 2010.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

Norton Removal Tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users