Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SHeur2.BHAH...Vundo.KC...Vundo.KE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bunkyscott

bunkyscott

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thank you to all who participate on this and other forums like it. I can see the effort it takes to troubleshoot these problems and really appreciate the help!

Anyway...My significant other uses this laptop with XP and is not the most computer literate when it comes to noticing bad links and the like. She noticed a lot of crazy popups and other strange behavior so I downloaded and ran AVG. Which found the trojans I listed in the Topic Title. I thought it fixed the issues, but still get "can't find c:\windows\system32\rafaweti.dll" at startup. I ran Trend Micro and attached the log here. I edited the beginning of the log file to show what AVG found initially.

I'm afraid there are still some funky apps lurking in my PC. Please help!!

Thanks much!!

Bill

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

Hi bunkyscott
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
I'm maranatha and I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up.

Please do this.

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

• GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

Thanks
maranatha

Windows7 Professional 64 Bit

I'm going in the wrong direction to be in a hurry!

unite_mo.jpg

My help is always free, But I do accept donations.
Donate Here

#3 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Hi
If you still require help. please respond to this thread or it will be closed in 48 hours.

Thanks
maranatha

Edited by maranatha, 25 February 2010 - 12:48 AM.

unite_mo.jpg

Donate Here

#4 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member and we will reopen it for you (include the address of this thread in your request). This applies to the original topic starter only. Everyone else with similar problems, please start a new topic.

unite_mo.jpg

Donate Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users