Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what did I do???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ihatecomputers3

Ihatecomputers3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

Okay, I have a Dell Inspiron 4100, 14.1 XGA that I bought new in 2002. Recently, I have noticed that I have too much information on the computer (pictures, etc) and I was thinking that because right now I could not afford to upgrade I would run some things off (like the software of my embroidery sewing machine) (because I was having trouble accessing the internet on a dialup and running the sewing machine at the same time) of a high speed USB 2.0 Minihub. I only have 1 USB port and I plugged in two other usb thumbdrives ( one a scandisk U3 that has 2.0 gb and the other an HP 4GB. Somehow, in upgrading/downloading the update to the sewing machine from their website, the motherboard on my sewing machine crashed. What I didn't know then, because I just turned off my computer was that I guess somehow, it also affected my computer.

I have my life and all the pictures of my grandchildren on here. Just so you know how really important this is to me.

I am now getting these errors:
0x000000F4
0x00000003
0x82571528
0x8257169C
0x805F9F88

as well as MNI parity check/mim parity error and a mni channel check 10CHK

I have tried and retried to restart in safe mode and do a restore but in the middle of everything I keep getting these messages.

What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ihatecomputers3

Ihatecomputers3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

Is there anyone out there who can help with my post???

I really am stressed about this and need my computer back! :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

From http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, a most reliable website for info on STOP errors (so called because they result in being unable to use the system):

"0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841005 AND http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315223.

You have a hardware problem...at least one...and it's bad enough to result in the error messages and situations you describe. The F4 error message is the key one.

To try to troubleshoot such from afar on such an old system...is not something I will attempt.

The best advice I can give you is to take in to a reliable computer shop and have someone look at it...or move on to more recent equipment.

Someone else here may take a different approach.

Louis

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Good advice.

If the priority is saving any pictures and data, the first thing you need to do is find a way to extract that data. You can use a Ubuntu linux Cd/XP live CD and boot from that, and move your pics to a USB drive/mem stick, or spend the money to have the data copied by a pro. It depends on your knowledge, and how much you want to risk your data. If you don't know how to download and burn an ISO file to a CD, you might need to take it to a pro.

Once you have your data safe, then you can troubleshoot the root problem.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 Ihatecomputers3

Ihatecomputers3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

thanks, i think. I will you try all -but I will need to get to another computer to download some of this fixit stuff. I am going to try and fix it in safe mode but even though sometimes the computer boots all the way up for a minute, it freezes and then I get the dredded blue/black screen memory dump and/or 0x00 messages. It can't make up it's mind. :thumbsup:

Guess I need to come into the 21st century.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users