Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shell32.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:22 PM

Presario I386
XP SP2
Spybot S&D 1.3
Ad-Aware SE Personel
Spyware Blaster
NIS 2005
Microsoft Anti Spyware
Spyware Guard

last night i was using windows explorer to find an HP program. ended up using the "search" option to help me. Then outta no where comes a Spybot alert window. the "allow/deny" change window. before i could react, MS antispy pops up saying it denied a change and disappeared. i looked back at the Spybot and not knowing what a bunch of numbers meant, i denied the change to be safe. i did some looking in Spybot and MSantispy and found,
-------------------------
This from MSantispy;

Occurred on: 9/4/2005 at 11:05:40 PM

Internet Explorer Bar Microsoft Windows Shell Common Dll c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll has been denied permission to be installed. This program is in the user's blocked Explorer Bar list.

About Internet Explorer Explorer Bars: An Explorer bar (band) is a panel like the Favorites, History or Search panels that you see in Internet Explorer (IE) or Windows Explorer.
---------------------------
and this from Spybot,

9/4/2005 11:09:05 PM Denied value "{C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1}" (new data: "") added in User-specific browser toolbar!
---------------------------------

i pasted shell32.dll at Processlibrary.com and got this.

i ran Norton, MS, Spybot, and Adaware. Nothing found.
i was going to do an online scan, but i thought someone could direct me to one that would be the most applicable in this instance.

The pc seems to be fine. no issues, out of the ordinary. IE surfing is uneventfull. there has been this on going issue that i've been attributing to having only 192mb of ram.

the only thing i've done is dl CCleaner and a CPU monitoring program called CPUUsage from here.

BC Staff only pls,
there is one thing i have done that may be important. i don't want to post potentialy dangerous info here. if a staffer will pm me, i will explain

dont know where to go from here.

ty,
igo

a2 online; nothing.

is it legit? i hope i'm not wasting bc time with this

Edited by igonuts2, 05 September 2005 - 08:17 PM.

Why work when you can play!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:09 PM

all right, sorry. i'm an idiot here.

i've done this before.

twice i got fooled. here

didn't use processes library correctly and didn't submit it to BCs file data base.

sorry for wasting space

igo

Edited by igonuts2, 06 September 2005 - 03:24 AM.

Why work when you can play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users