Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

counter strike

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WOODELF21

WOODELF21

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:19 PM

does any one play counter strike?
erm erm erm bugger it cant think of one

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, i just got counter strike: source last week...... and i'm getting completely pwned in it.....

I usually play Tribes online (and i'm going to get into Rainbow Six 3: Raven shield), and i can dominate in tribes.....

I'm still a complete n00b in CS:S, but hopefully i will get better soon. I'm [NCSU] Heretic in case u see me online.

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:14 PM

i got CS 1.6, i usually in 1 server the WHOLE time i'm playing. my handle is my unsername if anyone sees me.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 WOODELF21

WOODELF21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:09 PM

kool, im counter strike mad :thumbsup:
i got cz and 1.6 and had source but not anymore. on cz my name is *Cleaners* HARPIC ans 1.6 it is WOODELF21

c ya all in a bit
erm erm erm bugger it cant think of one

#5 The Guardian

The Guardian

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:48 AM

I'm a Counter-Strike Fan, love it :thumbsup:

I've got 1.6 and CZ but not source yet, need better Graphics Card and more RAM

:flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :bike:

Posted Image

#6 Happy_Reaper

Happy_Reaper

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

I still play counter-strike, but it is probably on a limited basis. I always play in a LAN, though. In college, a game like counter-strike is great when you get all these people with low priced computers. Just get a router, a couple of ethernet cables, and some popcorn, and you're rocking...
Teacher: "You connect with Internet Explorer, but what is your browser? You know, Yahoo, Webcrawler...?" <-- It's great to see the educational system moving in the right direction...

#7 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:11 AM

i play source but i have a short temper and end up playing like my sig :thumbsup:
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

I don't play Counter Strike 1.6 as much as I used to, I've gone into Condition Zero now, with a little bit of CS:S here and there. I'm going to be excited if my new computer, mainly the athlon 4000+ can give me a much better performance experience than my current 2.4 ghz processor on this computer. But I probably wouldn't even be able to let out the full graphics when I buy my new computer anyway since it'll only have an x300 until I can save up and get a 7800 gt.

-=oNeOfThOsEdAyS=- is my name.

#9 TecH.jiFFy

TecH.jiFFy

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

Oh baby, CS is my game! The only thing I really like about source is the ragdoll physics. I play 1.6 with a group of friends that I've been playing with for months. We have a clan and a public server.

If anyone is interested the public server IP is 70.85.240.139:27015

And if you ever want to play, my AIM screename is Jeff the Sanders

I've been playing since about November, 2004 and I took a break from it for a few weeks but I recently got back into it.

And my name in that public server is dLx` SilencE

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#10 Mallen

Mallen

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

counterstrike would be great if the guns SHOT STRAIGHT...lol, it took me forever to learn, and im still not very good

I would say if you new to CS: Source, go with an M4 carbine, good and accurate, make sure you crouch when shooting and make sure you NEVER hold down the automatic, its all about the burst shot. Regular shotgun is good too, but loses range. And for the love of all things that isn't noobish, don't use the auto shotgun, sucks so much.

#11 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:50 AM

can't wait to see what will happen when I get my new computer today. I wonder how an athlon 4000+ will handle it as compared to this p4 2.4 ghz cpu. The video card might be a problem though, x300 (until I save enough to get a 7800 gt) as compared to the 6800 gt on this computer.

#12 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

counterstrike would be great if the guns SHOT STRAIGHT...lol, it took me forever to learn, and im still not very good

I would say if you new to CS: Source, go with an M4 carbine, good and accurate, make sure you crouch when shooting and make sure you NEVER hold down the automatic, its all about the burst shot. Regular shotgun is good too, but loses range. And for the love of all things that isn't noobish, don't use the auto shotgun, sucks so much.

I disagree.... i think the Bullpup (Aug) is a better rifle than the M4 Carbine. It has the zoom feature and the reticle stays more stable than the carbine while running.

Also, i don't see what's wrong w/ the auto-shotgun. It has a hell of a lot higher rate of fire than the pump, which means less time between shots, meaning a better chance of survival in a close-quarters fire-fight.

My n00b-less input- ..... TO DISARM THE BOMB, HOLD THE "USE" KEY!!! DON'T SHOOT IT!!!!..... i've seen people shooting at a bomb then trying to cut it with the knife to disarm.... they ended up on the roof of the closest building (love the ragdoll physics)....

#13 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

I disagree.... i think the Bullpup (Aug) is a better rifle than the M4 Carbine. It has the zoom feature and the reticle stays more stable than the carbine while running.

Also, i don't see what's wrong w/ the auto-shotgun. It has a hell of a lot higher rate of fire than the pump, which means less time between shots, meaning a better chance of survival in a close-quarters fire-fight.

My n00b-less input- ..... TO DISARM THE BOMB, HOLD THE "USE" KEY!!! DON'T SHOOT IT!!!!..... i've seen people shooting at a bomb then trying to cut it with the knife to disarm.... they ended up on the roof of the closest building (love the ragdoll physics)....

If your talking about CS:S, the pump is much better than the auto, especially at long range. One of the many reasons a lot of people complain about it, which is why you're better playing the game if your new to counter-strike as compared to a veteran of it because it's just about a feel as compared to the older versions.

If you want to have some fun, buy a TMP or MAC10, they're usually very weak guns but for some reason they can be pretty godly in CS:S.

like above, I can't wait to try out CS:S on the new computer I'll be getting very soon because of semi-low fps (between 40-100 depending on conditions) I haven't been playing it all too much.

Edited by Wizdabest, 16 September 2005 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users