Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combofix and DOS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rick F

Rick F

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

I am working on a computer that has a Rootkit virus. System goes BSOD. I can boot to Cd/DVD. Can combofix be run from a DOS prompt or does it have to be run from within Windows? MBR infected and adtapi.sys infected. have programs that finds it but nothing to remove it. Can boot to linix, bitdefender finds it but does not remove it. Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hi Rick F,

I suggest you start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so we can further help you.

1st Step: Preparation Guide Before Starting a Topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
2nd Step: Starting a Topic in the Malware Removal forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Then, once you have done that, please post back here with the link to your new topic.

Thanks.

Edited by extremeboy, 20 February 2010 - 09:34 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users