Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Essentials 2010 virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angelique D

Angelique D

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

My husband was downloading music, turned his back on the computer and when he turned back we had the blue screen telling us we had netsky worm. I tried to turn off system restore but that is gone and I get an error message. I went into safe mode and ran the fxnetsky.exe. After it finished it said there was no infection. I went back to my regular screen and it keeps giving me error message popups saying I'm infected, Critical Warning. It's wanting me to buy Security Esssentials 2010 and has created a desktop icon for SE 2010. I still have no system restore and am still getting error messages constantly telling me of the infection. What do I need to do? We have a dell desktop and use windows xp.

I posted on another board trying to get help and they asked me to download OTL and run it then post logs...... did that....then they asked me to run a custom scan fix with OTL using commands they gave me.....did that but I was unable to post the log from that because it did not create one. Then they asked me to run combo fix, but to turn off my antivirus first. That's where I'm stuck .... I can turn off the real time, but am unable to turn off the protection against virus and spyware. I asked them if I could proceed with the combo fix....that was yesterday I can't get a response, and have asked again for help. I would really like to rid my computer of the virus. What do I do?

Angelique

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hello please try this first..
Follow the Automated Removal Instructions for Security Essentials 2010 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
from our guide here -->> Remove Security Essentials 2010 (Uninstall Guide)

Please post the scan log and let me know how it is.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users