Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing features on taskbar after Norton uninstall ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NicR

NicR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

I uninstalled my Norotn Security Suite 2006 to replace it with another free anti-virus app ! Well anyway after using the Norton removal tool to uninstall the security suite my taskbar is now missing the arrowrs that hide icons that are not being used ,usally consisted of the remove hardware icon (green icon with arrow ,speaker icon and others I cant recall) I've tried to get back this feature on my taskbar from reconfiguring the taskbar in the control panel to hide inactive icons ! On the sounds and audio devices in the control panel I have a check mark in the "place volume icon on taskbar" its a speaker icon ,that is no longer present ,also the arrows that allow you to see these icons do not appear . After many reboots and trying alot of differant troubleshoot methods no joy . Iam one of those that this will drive crazy till I get it back . I ran the "SFC /scannow" for those who are not familar it the system file checker and it scans your PC with the installation CD in the DVD-ROM and it suppose to replace any Windows Files that are not in their orginial location and configuration . I do not want to do a repair installation because I will lose all of my Windows Updates . My O/S in WindowsXP Pro SP3 MCE 2005 ! Please help me ,now when I want to remove the kids Ipods I cannot use the safely remove harware icon since its not there !
Thanks to Those in Advace Who Try and Help , Nick

Edited by NicR, 20 February 2010 - 09:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

Uninstalling Norton wont do that, have you gone into MS Config at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users