Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse found - please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mowgs78

mowgs78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:38 AM

Over the last couple of days, my laptop has been running a bit slower than normal and yestaerday popups kept appearing for shopping pages (ebay etc). I have Malwarebytles free and AVG free on my laptop, AVG found 2 trojan horse Vundo virus' which we put intot he virus vault, last night another scan found trojan horse generic 16. Today we have had less pop ups but any searches result in being redirected to a shopping page! Lots of tracking cookies have been found this morning and malwarebtyees is performing a ful scan as I write. (it currecntly says I have9 infections)

Please help! We are ok on the computer but would really like simple language and simple steps to follow

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mowgs78

mowgs78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

anyone any suggestions?

#3 mowgs78