The boot.ini issue may take a while to deal with, so in the meantime I would like to fix one of the infected atapi.sys infection which is part of a rootkit that is dangerous. Regarding rootkits...
Unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
If you wish to continue follow the steps below . . . Otherwise, let me know.We need to create an OTL Report
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Under "Extra Registry" please check "Use Safelist" and also check "LOP Check" and "Purity Check" as pictured.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word "Code"
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- A report will open. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized