Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

To block or not to block?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

Hi,
My automatic AOL spyware/adware scans regularly say "we have found and blocked 16 items" (or any other number), but sometimes it says "1 item found, do you wish to block it? Warning--blocking may stop other programs working"
I click 'Yes' to block it anyway, is that the right thing to do? I mean, I don't want it sitting on my system do I?

As for "stopping other programs working", I've got my fair share of glitches like everybody else which I can just about live with, so how would i know if a blocked item has caused the glitches?
I must have scores of blocked items on my system by now and it'd be impossible to check each one to see if its causing problems.
Can somebody give me a brief overview of the whole subject?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,065 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized Malware Removal forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users