Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The application or DLL...not a valid windows image.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamesp1692

Jamesp1692

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

Well this popup has been happening for a few days it reads:
"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\jozebohu.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

There was more but Norton took care of it (I think). It was a fake Windows program that told us to buy an antivirus from them and obviously wanted our credit card numbers.

Now I cannot run any other programs besides internet and Norton. I try to open it and it tells me to choose how to open it, and I cant find anything that will actually open it.
It says something about it not being able to be opened because it has been damaged or something.

So I can't run MalwareBytes or anything like that. I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT: Err...Nvm...I think I got it.

Edited by Jamesp1692, 20 February 2010 - 09:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jamesp1692

Jamesp1692
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

I'm going to go to bed, but I'll check this tomorow to see if anyone can help. Thanks for your time.

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized Malware Removal forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#4 Jamesp1692

Jamesp1692
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

Well this popup has been happening for a few days it reads:
"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\jozebohu.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

There was more but Norton took care of it (I think). It was a fake Windows program that told us to buy an antivirus from them and obviously wanted our credit card numbers.

Now I cannot run any other programs besides internet and Norton. I try to open it and it tells me to choose how to open it, and I cant find anything that will actually open it.
It says something about it not being able to be opened because it has been damaged or something.

So I can't run MalwareBytes or anything like that. I'm not sure what to do.

Umm main problem at the moment is I can't open anything but internet because it says something like: choose how to open this file: give me a bunch of options such as internet explorere and adobe, and nothing will actually open it, it says its damaged for everything.

#5 Jamesp1692

Jamesp1692
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

Ok so I figured out how to run Malwarebytes Antimalware. I had to browse and go to that specific program. So it's scanning now and I will post results if needed.

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Okay, glad to hear that :thumbsup:

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users