Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CDP1 Aol Take Over! Please help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aquilusdomini

aquilusdomini

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

Alrighty, the other day my mum downloaded an email attachment that came from an email sent to her from an email address that looked exactly like hers. Why she did this, i don't know, but now we're having an issue with Aol and something called CDP1. We have Window's Vista on a Gateway GM5420.
Everytime we attempt to load Aol, an ugly blue window pops up with a little window in front of it that contains a button that says OK. After clicking OK a few times, the little box with the OK button disappears and then Aol is allowed to pop up. This does not end the problem though. After signing in to Aol, another window pops up saying that there isn't enough memory or drive space is too low to run the program. I know this isn't true but click OK anyway to proceed. After getting rid of the low memory statement box the Welcome screen will come up but it will be blank. We are able to read emails but find it unwise to read the important ones until the virus is gone. Aol isn't the only place where there are problems. CDP1 seems to also effect Internet Explorer. Websites in IE are allowed to come up but they are greatly deminished probably due to Java scripting not being allowed to run. Website ads won't run, facebook updates won't show up, certain buttons won't work, etc. All the while these things are going on, the blue screen remains in the background and in the Task bar there's a bar that has the letters CDP1 next to a tiny Aol icon. The problem doesn't show up in any of the virus scans and appears to be a bit elusive. Well, that's the extent of the problem thus far...
So if anyone out there can help, i'd greatly appreciate it. You computer techies are life savers and i thank you in advance for any help you're willing to give.
"The dead don't say 'no'."-unknown

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aquilusdomini

aquilusdomini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

----EDIT----Sorry to have taken up anyone's time, but Nevermind my previous post, i have found help.----EDIT----
"The dead don't say 'no'."-unknown

#3 SweetSaleenS281

SweetSaleenS281

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

I am having this same problem. All I did was open Mozilla Firefox and went to AOL.com to read the news and this box popped up that said "CDP1 (Not Responding)". What is this and how do i get rid of it???

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

I am having this same problem. All I did was open Mozilla Firefox and went to AOL.com to read the news and this box popped up that said "CDP1 (Not Responding)". What is this and how do i get rid of it???

First off, you should open your own topic, probably in the Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications???

Perhaps your AOL install has been corrupted? Try uninstall/ reinstalling AOL (latest version). Backup any important info like your address book, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users