Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slave Drive will start to run and then stop and start again.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 megamario3

megamario3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

Well i have a Slave drive in my Dell Dimension 3000 the Master is set to master and the Slave is set to slave. I pressed f12 and went to IDE Hard Drive Diagnostic and the first time it said wdc wd400eb not supported, then i went to wd's site and installed a progrm to determine the health of the drive "Data Lifeguard Diagnosis" it said the cable was not pluged in correctly so i took it apart and pluged it in real tight and made sure it was in. Then i started it up and ran IDE Hard Drive Diagnostic and it said wdc wd400eb-11cpfo fail return code 3. I looked it up and it said either theres not enough memory or the drive is bad. Well when the computer starts the drive spins (i can hear it) then it will like be unsuccesful and stop and then drive again for about 3 times. So im pretty sure the drive is bad but is there anyway i could open it up and fix it. Anyone know any tutorials, tips/tricks or anything? or is there a way to make it work without opening it etc. well thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

Well i have a Slave drive in my Dell Dimension 3000 the Master is set to master and the Slave is set to slave. I pressed f12 and went to IDE Hard Drive Diagnostic and the first time it said wdc wd400eb not supported, then i went to wd's site and installed a progrm to determine the health of the drive "Data Lifeguard Diagnosis" it said the cable was not pluged in correctly so i took it apart and pluged it in real tight and made sure it was in. Then i started it up and ran IDE Hard Drive Diagnostic and it said wdc wd400eb-11cpfo fail return code 3. I looked it up and it said either theres not enough memory or the drive is bad. Well when the computer starts the drive spins (i can hear it) then it will like be unsuccesful and stop and then drive again for about 3 times. So im pretty sure the drive is bad but is there anyway i could open it up and fix it. Anyone know any tutorials, tips/tricks or anything? or is there a way to make it work without opening it etc. well thanks!

Well there are many myths out there about freezing the drive or tapping it but I'm confident that the drive is toast. Also you cannot open a hard drive and fix it that will just make it worse.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users