Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Adapter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Delox

Delox

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hey, just wondering if this problem is hardware or something else. My wireless adapter is a cheap PCI adapter that I got from Microcenter for $5, hawking brand. It was great for about 3 days until all of a sudden it started to crap out. It says I have excellent signal strength and says that I'm Tx'ing at 54mbps however pages don't load at all or extremely delayed, like its only loading from cookies. Also sometimes(once every 15 min or so) is just looses connection for about 30 seconds, then reconnects. Anyway Im wondering why it was perfect for a while, and now is acting up.

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

at lest its not just me i have exactly the same problems and i have no idea why someone mentioned port forward and said that could be the problem but i never fugured it out do you play any games because most of mine dont connect
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Delox

Delox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

I returned it today and got a linksys usb one, cheap

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:44 AM

at lest its not just me i have exactly the same problems and i have no idea why someone mentioned port forward and said that could be the problem but i never fugured it out do you play any games because most of mine dont connect

Do you have a static IP? What is your DNS IP?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

im not sure im not the one thats set up the network im not too good with hardware :thumbsup:
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:26 AM

Hey, just wondering if this problem is hardware or something else. My wireless adapter is a cheap PCI adapter that I got from Microcenter for $5, hawking brand. It was great for about 3 days until all of a sudden it started to crap out. It says I have excellent signal strength and says that I'm Tx'ing at 54mbps however pages don't load at all or extremely delayed, like its only loading from cookies. Also sometimes(once every 15 min or so) is just looses connection for about 30 seconds, then reconnects. Anyway Im wondering why it was perfect for a while, and now is acting up.

thanks!

I had the same symtoms and it was a bad DNS in my NIC properties. Are you using DHCP or a static IP address?

Edited by acklan, 07 September 2005 - 07:27 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users