I'm very surprised at this build. Everything seems...wrong. Below is a suggested build, it is a little more expensive, but you'll get more.
Case: NZXT BETA EVO Classic Series CS-NT-BETA-EVO
- You don't need an enormous full ATX case unless you are a hardcore gamer. $59
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3
- This one takes AMD's AM3 CPU's, DDR3 RAM, and allows for Crossfire. This board also has SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0, both of which are just now hitting the market. The AM3 socket on this board will also be around for a while and take upcoming AMD processors. $184
Graphics Card: DIAMOND 5770PE51G Radeon HD 5770 1GB
- This card is about as powerful as a Radeon 4870 but is smaller, uses less power, produces less heat, and allows for DirectX 11. $164 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W
- This will be able to power everything with plenty to spare. $59
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
- This is the best CPU AMD has. Like all Black Edition CPU's, this one comes with the multiplier unlocked making overclocking very easy. You can save money by going with the AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
, which is also a very good CPU and only very slightly slower than this one. $179
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
- This is performance memory. To max out your RAM, you will need to buy two of these kits. Most people don't need more than 4GB, though. $104
Hard Drive: Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB 32MB
- Plenty of space. Note that the motherboard can take SATA 6Gb/s devices. Few drives exist that can take advantage of that speed. This drive is SATA 3Gb/s $59
Optical Drive: LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe Support
- A simple, basic drive is all you need. $25
Operating System: You already have this...
Monitor: ASUS MS227N Glossy Piano-Black / White 22"
- A very nice monitor with a fast refresh rate for games. $169
Grand Total: $1,010 (Before rebates)
Edited by DJBPace07, 21 February 2010 - 10:44 PM.