Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cooling pad for my Satellite?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P505-S8945. It has two air intake fans on the bottom toward the back and two exhausts on the very back. I would like to find a cooling pad that would push air from outside into the intake fans on the bottom. I would prefer steel or aluminum for better cooling and durability. I need this because I'm planning to install UT2004 on it and that game can cause a machine to run hot!

I have checked different pads on Amazon, including the Targus PA248U Notebook Chill Pad and the Antec USB-Powered Notebook Cooler. I liked the Antec one except I read that it sucks air away from the bottom of the laptop, which is not good if the laptop has intake fans on the bottom. The Targus was said in several reviews to not last very long and one even said it was miswired and caused a short in the laptop's USB port!

What cooling pads has everyone had the best experience with? Am willing to pay over $50 to get the best quality if necessary.

Thank you.

What is this Internet you speak of?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Aluminum and you can change airflow direction
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2-019-_-Product
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

That looks pretty good, actually. The problem mentioned about no clearance could be solved by propping it up on a book. I just might go for that next Friday (pay day).

Thanks.

What is this Internet you speak of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users