Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:46 AM
OK, heres a problem Im having....If anyone knows for sure let me know.....
I am using Windows XP service pack 2.
Out of nowhere my computer started freezing up every minute or so, then it runs again for about 45 seconds to a minute, and then it freezes up for about 45 seconds, and keeps repeating this cycle. Even on startup I can hear my hard drive clicking and then stops and then gos again. Also when I shutdown or run anything or just at idle it keeps the stop and go cycle....It does not freeze for good just for about a minute, then it resumes. Sometimes, like now, it wont give me this problem for awhile, about 30 minutes or so, and then the freezing starts again. If anyone is familiar with this, let me know what you think. I have been trying everything leading to my JAVA.EXE Help post. Here is a list of things I have done to eliminate any of the possible things relating to this freezing.
1. Watched the running processes in the task manager. (The System Idle Process go's to 100 percent and consumes all the cpu) The CPU spikes to 100% and sets back to 1 to 22%
2. Ran Norton Anivirus twice with up to date protection (I had a similar file cause something like this) But no viruses.
3. Ran a Norton one button checkup for registry errors and crap like that. (Nothing out of the normal was found.)
4. Ran a scandisk on my local drive c. (errors were fixed) but the problem remains.
5. Ran LavaSoft Adaware (purchased version) found about 700 spyware threats and deleted them. The problem still remains.
6. Checked all fans on computer to see if they were all working and cleaned out all dust inside computer. (All fans work) So I dont think the CPU is overheating.
7. Checked both hard drives and there is alot of gigs left on both, so its not a memory issue.......
8. This is my last resort.....I am currently going through all working processes in the task list from (CTRALTDEL) one by one to see if the problem is there.
So here is my question......I have 2 JAVA.EXE processes running at the same time. I hear that Java.exe is a virus and there is a real Java.exe. How do I know if either of these are a virus...Norton 2005 antivirus did not detect it. Or if anyone has any other advice besides the ones I listed, please let me know....