Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect Network Registry Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Steve1254

Steve1254

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

I have a Windows 2000 machine which I can't log into so I'm trying to access the registry from another machine (XP machine). The Windows 2000 machine boots as far as the Windows log in screen. I have it connected to my home network and I have an IP address and I'm able to connect to the management console of it from the XP machine. The problem is when I try to connect to the registry I receive the error:

"The program cannot open the required dialog box
because no locations can be found. Close this message, and try again."

Both machine at connected to different domains if that makes any difference. When I have the XP machine on my work network I'm able to connect to other machines registries but when on my home network the box never comes up when I choose "connect network registry"

Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users