Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant get full resolution on HDTV when used with monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

I am using intel media accelerator graphics with the Asus P5QPL-VM EPU motherboard. I want to have my Vizio 26 inch connected through HDMI and my 18.5 inch acer monitor connected through VGA simultaneously. When I select the Intel Dual Monitor Clone option on the properties, the highest resolution I can get is 1366x768, which is the resolution of my 18.5 inch monitor. The picture comes out very small on my HDTV. I want to be able to have the 1920x1080 resolution on the HDTV and the 1366x768 resolution on the monitor. I have tried setting both displays to the primary, both ways ended up in the same result. How do I do this?
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

What happens when you unplug the VGA and run only HDMI? Does the HDMI output the 1920X1080?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

Sounds like your graphic card does not have the Res to go to 1920x 1080, and especially if you are running it on dual monitors. The Res wont go that high for that Graphic Card so you might want to look into a stronger graphic card that can support 1080p and dual at the same time. I hope that helps.

#4 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

I'm sorry I forgot to say that if I use just the HDMI I CAN get the 1920x1080 resolution! I had this working back before the old board crapped out on me and I had to RMA it. Now its the same model of board and I can't figure out how to do it
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users