Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ct.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bribleep

bribleep

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:38 AM

My download program DAP free has just come up with a download for ct.exe which I didn't request. What does it do and should I download it? I'm using Windows XP Pro.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

"ct.exe is a file is for the HP Learning Adventure software and if you use this software it is required to run it "

this is a quoted excerpt from www.iamnotageek.com
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:05 PM

I would recommend that you remove DAP and choose a safer alternative. Although DAP itself is not technically malware it may allow it or orther unwanted programs into your system. DAP downloads ads to be displayed in your program window, your Internet Explorer toolbar, and through pop-up type advertising.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users