Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes randomly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 binini

binini

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

Ok so today i turned on my computer went to play on a bit of Age Of Empires 3 and it chrashed after about 5 mins of play time. I then tried to CTRL - ALT - DELETE and the computer just completely froze i couldnt move the mouse or anything so i manually restarted the computer
I then tried to search the internet for a fix but the same thing happend to internet explorer but this time i could click on the task bar but then when i clicked away from it then i couldnt acess it again and after about 20 seconds my mouse froze.
from then on its been randomly freezing up and i dont know what to do

I have done nothing to my computer that i think would effect it.

I have already:

Done a malwarebytes Full Scan and only picked up some tracking cookies

Done a symnatec anti virus scan again picked up nothing

Rang Dell technical support they made me to a hardware check and no problems there ( offered to do a software checkbut this costs 80 i said no lol)

scanned registry

SPEC

DELL C521
Windows xp service pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5000+ 2.61 GHz
3 GB RAM
( just ask if you need any other spec)

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

I would have concerns about possibly overheating, Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/ .

Lacking an error message, that would be my guess.

I'd also take a look in Event Viewer for any possible errors noted which occurred in the timeframe of a freeze. I would just look at the last 3 errors (not info items) noted on each tab.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#3 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:11 AM

i clean out my pc like once a month so thats not the problem

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

OK, that was my best guess.

Louis

#5 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

the last aplication error i got was event id 4614

The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state. The assertion "GetLastError() == 122L" failed at line 162 of d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\src\events\shared\sectools.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

the last system error i got was event ID 7000

The dlcx_device service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Post in the "Am I infected Forum?" http://spywaredlls.prevx.com/spywaredlls.a...XC=IGHI44337265 Have a read on the dlcx_device service.

#7 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

i looked and did a search i dont have that on my comp

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...473(WS.10).aspx

Louis

#9 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

could this be what is causing the problem i followed the tips but when i tried to put the comexp.msc in to "run" i just got an error message saying it cant be found =S

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

could this be what is causing the problem i followed the tips but when i tried to put the comexp.msc in to "run" i just got an error message saying it cant be found =S

I doubt it had you read the link I provided you would realize that it is malware associated.

#11 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

i have read it what should i do now?

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

Post in the "Am I infected" forum.

#13 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

here is link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic296979.html

here is link with hjt log on it http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296989/random-computer-freezeing/

=)

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

Hello,

To avoid confusion with multiple topics, I am deleting the topic in the Am I Infected forum.

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296989/random-computer-freezeing/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users