Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating a restore disk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WVPopinator

WVPopinator

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hello all,
I am new to bleepingcomputer.com today but I am needing some help and I hope you folks can help.
I am building a testing network and have MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium Addition loaded onto the test server.I am wanting to try different configurations and situations and I am sure I will damage the operating system maybe to the point of not being able to restart the computer. I do not wish to re install the entire SBS2k3 operating system, takes a good day to do it, so I was looking for a simple way to restore the system to hte installation ready to run. Kind of like what Dell and HP do to their machines Here is a disk put it in the CD/DVD drive and it redoes the system to the way it was from the factory. I'm not sure if the ASR will do this or not. Please let me know if you have any suggestions and thanks for your assistance in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

AAR will do what you want but it still needs a what essentially amounts to a back up. Another better option would be to use an imaging program like Acronis or Ghost after you have the system setup to your baseline create an image on an external drive so you can restore it in one shot.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 WVPopinator

WVPopinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users