Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rvogel86

rvogel86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

I have recently purchased a new pc with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system. I have barely installed anything on it and have already received 2 BSOD errors. They are both the same and details are below. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BSOD details:

Bug check string : UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check code : STOP: 0x0000007f
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+71f00

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050033, 0x00000000000006f8,
0xfffff80002ca1798)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002cd8f00 base at 0xfffff80002c67000 DateStamp
0x4a5bc600

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

I would be inclined to contact the seller and tell them you want it fixed.

Come back if you get no satisfaction.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 rvogel86

rvogel86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

I also have experienced the same issues with this video card and my new windows 7 HP PC (specs below). I updated my video driver to version 196.21. Not only was I experiencing driver stopped responding errors, but I was also encountering blue screen windows 7 system crash error kernal_mode_trap. After the update to the new video driver it has been 24 hours and no issues with either problem so far. Ill keep you posted on any changes. If it goes a week with no issues i can say confidently that the video driver was the cause to both problems. HP has a hold on a replacement pc for this issue for one week. Thats right, they are going to completely replace my system if the errors continue. Shocking if the solution was simply to update a video driver.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

Yes, outdated/incorrect video/graphics drivers have caused more than a few BSOD's. That is usually the first thing you should do when you get a new computer or change operating systems: update all your drivers. You have to go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your particular model and operating system. Things should go smoothly after that.

It's good that HP is willing to send you a new computer if you keep having problems, but you should be able to fix things yourself in this case. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users