Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downloading avi and bit torrents but wont play in any player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jesselover43091

Jesselover43091

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

i download a avi file from lime wire and a bit torrent from bit coment but the files wont play in real player or windows media player i am getting so angry i just want to watch the episodes i downloaded and they just wont play is there any way i can make them play or is their a player that will play these???? please help

downloaded a .avi movie with a torrent but it wont play
... 1 ) using bit-torrent but i cant play it. the files are .avi but when i play ... oh and i also get this message when i open it in Windows Media Player ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:56 PM

Hey Jesselover, if you're gonna do that marginally legal stuff, don't tell everyone! What you need is a codec fromhttp://www.free-codecs.com/download/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec.htm. If it still doesn't play go to www.divx.com and download their codec pack, player and instructions. The key to all this is to find out the format first, make sure you have the codec installed to play it, and if all else fails there is a program divx to dvd that you can find with a websearch. In case you haven't figured it out by now, it's not nearly as simple as advertised! Also make sure your virus and spyware protection is up to date, and scan those files before you open them. They are famous for unwanted presents.

Edited by gunner, 05 September 2005 - 12:00 AM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users