Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTML help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PWGKamakazie

PWGKamakazie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

I am doing a state competition on web application. I need to make a social networking site. I wanted to know if any of you would help me make a chat room code.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Code for a chat room is more than html. Do you know any javascript, php, java, asp, etc.? What are the requirements for the competition? Are you allowed to use open source code in your project?

#3 PWGKamakazie

PWGKamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

No, I do not know any other language. There are really no other restriction. I can't have internet connection though.

Basically, I have to make a social networking site. That is about it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Edited by PWGKamakazie, 02 March 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

You are going to have to decide on something else. Since HTML is not a programming language, you cannot build a social networking site with HTML alone. At a minimum, you are going to need to use javascript, and something like PHP to handle things on the server side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users