Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting video files to play on my iPAQ

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tumshie

Tumshie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hello to all and my apologies if this question is so simple to answer that it insults your collective intelligence.
I have an hp iPAQ h4345, which I know is not the latest thing but it only cost me 28 on eBay. Before switching my Laptop to Windows 7 I had no real problems, or at least none I couldn't work out. I had wanted the PDA mainly for using as a mobile chess engine and database, for which it still works well. When I discovered I could use it as a sort of clunky iPod that was a bonus. As for the video capability well, have you any idea of the number of good quality instructional videos on various websites? I was a happy man, though still not much of a chess player, sadly.

Now, however, I only seem to be able to download the videos as MP4 files which the Windows Media Player 9 Series for Pocket PC installed on my PPC won't even acknowledge. :trumpet:

Any and all help/advice will be gratefully received though the less technical the better. It isn't that I'm not clever enough , more that I am inherently quite a lazy person. I have already found advice on this site to be very helpful without having to pose a question myself so I have great faith in you all being able to show how stupid I have been in missing the blindingly obvious- you can even give me abuse if you can solve my problem! :inlove: (But stick to the site's rules, obviously!!) :flowers:

My only complaint about this community of techno-brownies is that you didn't bring yourselves to my attention sooner! :thumbsup:

PS; a Brownie is a mythical Scottish creature who helps out around the house when nobody is looking. I was going to use the word fairy but some people can be so touchy...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 subtropical

subtropical

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

I run CORE on my Axim.
Hunt around for the old freeware version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Core_Pocket_Media_Player
:-)

#3 Tumshie

Tumshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Thanks, I found a downloading/converting thing for Firefox browser which seems to be fine, mostly.
But I'll check this out too as I need the most idiot-proof tool. Not that I am an idiot, depending on who you ask, just always in too much of a hurry.

Thanks again for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users