Right after getting it all cleared up I noticed my computer was still acting extremely funny. I open up the Task Manager to see how many processes were running and noticed that my CPU usage was at 100%. Normally it'll fluctuate and dip back down to 0-45%. This time, I noticed it was running at 100% constantly. Even after I disabled all my startup processes.
I even tried a system restore to a point last week just to be cautious. This turned up to be a whole new issue. After the XP loading screen it would turn to black and a BSOD popped up with a stop error. It was a Bad_Pool_Header 0x00000019. The parameters weren't always the same either [in the ( )'s].
Windows XP Home SP3
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1 GB of RAM
I can provide a HijackThis log upon request.
Edited by Pandy, 18 February 2010 - 09:29 PM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro ~Pandy