Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB Script and IE/Chrome

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find/create a VB Script to log the url's of webpages on a computer on my network. There is a policy that users are allowed to visit sites such as facebook on their lunch break, hence i can't block it, but some users are using it playing games during work hours and such.

Has anyone got any idea's? My boss is not to keen on buying software at this stage, so i'm in a pickle... at this stage i have blocked specific sites on our smoothwall, but this is not ideal...

Thanks in advance,

Kam

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

Are all connections going through a single gateway server? Would something like Wireshark work?

#3 KamakaZ

KamakaZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

all connections run through the smoothwall (linux, http://www.smoothwall.org/) it is very limited (free version), would i be possible to run some sort of script on it??

i've attempted to install dansguardian (content filtering), but it doesn't have the required packages/package manager to install :thumbsup: (i'm told the paid version does).

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Since Smoothwall is a linux distro, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to run Wireshark on it.

#5 KamakaZ

KamakaZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

I can't install wireshark on it as it doesn't have any package management and is missing commands such as make...

Good idea though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users