Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a way to tell Microsoft Word to "guess" what I mean every time I make a typo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Is there a way to tell Microsoft Word to "guess" what I mean every time I make a typo? For example, I type "tsanding," and instead of changing it to "standing," it underlines it red. I know I can then right-click it, and select AutoCorrect > standing, so that, from now on, if the same exact typo arises in the future, in which I accidentally type "tsanding," it'll change it to "standing." I've thus far collected *hundreds* of specific typo corrections in this way. But that's very time-consuming, and is only a weak attempt at preventing typos I may be likely to make in the future (based on the fact that I made the exact typo at least once before). Is there any way to establish that I want Microsoft Word to go ahead and correct every single "underlined red" occurrence from now on, based on its best guess as to what I meant? (except in cases where the typo was so bad that it has no guess at all) That way, when it corrects something I *didn't* want corrected, I can then go back and add what I wanted to its dictionary, to tell it not to consider that word an accident from then on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Found this in the Word Help files.

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
In the Replace box, type a word or phrase that you often mistype or misspell for example, type usualy.
In the With box, type the correct spelling of the word for example, type usually.
Click Add.

Is this what you're talking about?

#3 andrewset

andrewset
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

No, I mentioned in my post that that isn't helpful enough.:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic