Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer not working in reg mode(or fire fox)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzy65

fuzzy65

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

Internet Explore does not work in normal boot but will work in safe mode with networking my network is ok because limewire ,windows messenger all work in normal mode i even tried firefox no go. I tried dissabling all services none microsoft in config but still not working

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

If Limewire and Windows Messenger are working that means your TCP/IP stack and internet are okay. A possibility is that your firewall is blocking connecting to remote HTTP port. Check by disabling or turning off your firewall temporarily. Also some malware can change DNS servers or add proxy servers so make sure you are using an updated antivirus and antimalware software.

#3 fuzzy65

fuzzy65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

My firewall is off and I am using "mbam" for malware still no luck I am using a dell inspiron 531 also one of the service packs fails to install I have a friend at work having same problem with vista

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Id post in the Am I Infected section.

#5 fuzzy65

fuzzy65
  • Topic Starter