Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jdogtoocool

Jdogtoocool

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Sorry guys I'm new here and I don't know much about computers so I decided to post this question here in General Chat.

Well this is the problem:

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. (it pops up twice)

I've researched this topic on Google and I have noticed a lot of other people have had the same problem but I think this is a special case.

See, whenever I turn on my laptop on everything goes well and even gives me the option of selecting F2 to to configure things on the computer. But when I get to the main page where I'm supposed to log in this message pops up:

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

So then I try to click Ctrl, Alt, and Del to open up the task menu but nothing happens. I noticed the keys are not unresponsive because when I click Caps Lock the little light flashes on.

So please can somebody help me out with this huge problem, or is my laptop over and done with?

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum
We'll just assume XP-MG

Edited by garmanma, 18 February 2010 - 11:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

I would prefer to move this topic to the OS forum that it relates to. Would you please let us know?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Jdogtoocool

Jdogtoocool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Yeah sure but can you answer my question?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

I don't know, whats the OS? I am not familiar with Windows 7 or much of Vista...... But getting this question in the right forum helps immensely getting a reply from our many visitors.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

This fix seems to work well for some

If you are running Windows XP... click Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager... then go to File and select New Task (Run...)

Type in the search box:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

click OK and this should bring you to the System Restore program that Windows XP has built into it. Then just follow the steps to restore your computer to how it was at an earlier time before the problem. Then just reboot your computer and it should be fine and still have all your files, folders, and programs intact

Edited by m0le, 18 February 2010 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#6 Jdogtoocool

Jdogtoocool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

I don't know, whats the OS? I am not familiar with Windows 7 or much of Vista...... But getting this question in the right forum helps immensely getting a reply from our many visitors.

Yeah the problem is that when I click the Task Bar combination, the Task Bar doesn't come up. The buttons work but it just doesn't seem to work.

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:50 AM

As has been said, knowing more about your system will help a lot.

This seems to be a fairly common problem, but there is a lot of info here -

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

Can you press F8 repeatedly as your system boots up to get into Safe Mode and do a System Restore to an earlier date, or choose Last Known Good Configuration?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,251 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

FWIW: http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html.

Louis

#9 Jdogtoocool

Jdogtoocool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Well here's a video of the situation:

I also heard that it's possible to use a recovery disc to erase all of the memory of the laptop and leave it brand new like when I took it out of the box. Do you guys know how to do that?

#10 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

What is the make and model of your system??

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:39 PM