Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Pink Squared Screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 duality13

duality13

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

Okay, Im new to this forum, and I have a question.
Im not sure if I picked the right section for this, if not please move my topic to the right place. :trumpet:

Im having some problems with my PC lately.
My screen turns suddenly pink ...with little squares... Im not sure if the PC freezes...But sometimes I can hear the background sound of music...or anything playing in the background...but it sound like slow motion and after a few secs it stops and I cant hear anything.
I took a picture of my screen when this happened.
Posted Image

Okay, My Graphic card is new, so is the motherboard too...
My graphic card is a "Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB Gigabyte" and has a pretty good fan system (Zalman fan with 4 heat pipes)
My motherboard is "Gigabyte P43-ES3G".

I had to put a new Ethernet Card into the PC cause the Ethernet of the motherboard stopped working (Dont know why)
Windows still can detect my old ethernet adapter tho...and all my drivers all updated, same for my Graphic card.
Could It be that the card is causing problems? I cant or dont know how to disable my old ethernet from Bios.
The card's name im using now is "IBM Netfinity 10/100 Ethernet Adapter"
I think it could be this adapter cause this freezing happens mostly when Im on the internet (Firefox).
I happens sometimes when I try to play games but online (Call of Duty 4)

The Graphic card or CPU never shows some big heating...it runs pretty smooth. The motherboard shows 38 C (100 F)...
It doesnt happen much...its like random...sometimes it happens 2 times in a row...but sometime it doesnt happen at all...
When It happens all I can do is restart the PC physically by pressing the reset switch.

The six-pin is plugged into the graphic card so the power supply can handle the card very well... the power supply is pretty good...I think its 650W but im not sure right now...(not under 650W for sure)

Any kind of answer would help! so please help guys. :flowers:
And Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

PS. Sorry for my bad english. xD

EDIT: Yeah I forgot to say that I bought 1 x 2 Gigs of DDR2 and the other 2 x 1 Gig are different from this one.
System Memory 4096 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: TakeMS TMS1GB264C081805AE 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM2: Kingmax KLDE88F-B8HS5 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: TakeMS TMS1GB264C081805KQ 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (6-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
I tried to change the slots...didnt see any difference.
And yeah, im running Windows Seven Ultimate 64bit.

Edited by duality13, 18 February 2010 - 03:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

Does this problem come and go without the machine having a issue? The sounds mysteriously coming out in slow motion has me thinking it may be RF from something close by.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 duality13

duality13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Does this problem come and go without the machine having a issue? The sounds mysteriously coming out in slow motion has me thinking it may be RF from something close by.

It just happens... no slowing down...or any issues...after the screen turns pink squared, the screen freezes...but the sound is there for another 3-5 secs. (talks slow motion)
Then the sound stops too...and nothing happens...i tired to wait...but it never came back to normal...

Im not sure if something is still working in the background cuz all I can see is that damned frozen screen... :thumbsup:

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:02 AM

The RF thing was a thought but only if the problem was intermittent and the computer continued to work after-wards, but being it locks up I lean toward the ram! I would try is experimenting with the ram sticks, miss matches many time will not work. I would pull all the ram out then install only the ram that you know will work see if that takes care of the issue.

Phil

#5 duality13

duality13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:33 AM

The RF thing was a thought but only if the problem was intermittent and the computer continued to work after-wards, but being it locks up I lean toward the ram! I would try is experimenting with the ram sticks, miss matches many time will not work. I would pull all the ram out then install only the ram that you know will work see if that takes care of the issue.

Phil

I will try to pull out the new 2gigs and run it for few days without it...but I still don't know why would RAM affect the screen and the graphics...
I hope its the ram tho...better than the Graphic card :trumpet: If it works I'll post again!

And yeah, Is it possible to turn off my old Ethernet adapter in Bios? Its integrated on the motherboard. I was searching for it but im not sure for what and where to search... :flowers:

Thanks again for your help Phil :thumbsup:

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

All this stuff works hand in hand, if something is out of place these things go screwy! You should be able to disable the Ethernet adapter going through control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Right click the adaptor to get the properties then disable it, you can go back at anytime to enable it. May require a reboot!

#7 duality13

duality13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

All this stuff works hand in hand, if something is out of place these things go screwy! You should be able to disable the Ethernet adapter going through control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Right click the adaptor to get the properties then disable it, you can go back at anytime to enable it. May require a reboot!

Yeah I know that way of disabling it...but Its not fully disabled...windows recognizes it again on every reboot...Tried to uninstall its drivers...but no luck...
If I could disable it in bios, windows shouldn't recognize it at all...
Its not much of a problem that its enabled...but just making sure that its not the one whos causes the trouble. :thumbsup:
And yeh I had no freezing till now...
I will try to stress the PC to the maximum...so maybe I could force it to crash...

#8 duality13

duality13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I took the RAM out...and the crash is still there! :trumpet: :thumbsup:
I'll Format my disc tomorrow...and try XP...Maybe It helps :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users